Vitex negundo has five leaflets character which is a hardy plant. Also, required minimum care to grow.
Vitex negundo, commonly known as the Chinese Chastetree, five-leaved chaste tree, or horseshoe vitex, is a large aromatic shrub with quadrangular, densely whitish, tomentose branchlets. This plant can grow up to 4-meter height. Plants bear a purple showy flower year round and the inflorescence is terminal and axillary.
Fruits are small black color berry. This plant has compound leaves which consist of five leaflets. Upper leaves surface is green and lower surface is the grey color. This plant is very drought tolerant in nature.
|Seeds per Packet||4000|
|Common Name||Chaste tree, Nirgundi, Five-leaved chaste tree, or Horseshoe vitex|
|Height||Up to 4 m|
|Bloom Time||June to August|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil is dry
- Avoid overwatering
- You can prune the plant in the spring season to maintain the bushy
Vitex Negundo Care
- This plant is propagated by the seeds
- Best suitable sowing time is monsoon season
- Grow well in full to partial sunlight
- You can plant into the pot or container using the potting mix as the soil, coco peat, and vermicompost
|Soil||Well-drained sandy loam soil|
|Temperature||20 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer00|