Pleomele, Song of India (Green) – Plant
|Plant Height||18 inch (46 cm)|
|Plant Spread||5 inch (13 cm)|
|Common Name||Reflexed Dracaena, Pleomele and Song of India|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 6 to 15 feet|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor or outdoor with bright indirect natural light or bright indirect artifical light.
- Protect the Pleomele plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Pleomele plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Feed Pleomele plant every 2 weeks in spring and summer with organic fertilizer.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
For re-potting procedure click here<br?></br?>
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Bright indirect light|
|Temperature||18 to 24 degrees Celsius|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Pleomele Special Feature
All dracaenas can be used to help clean the air of harmful toxins.
This Product Contains
SrNo Item name
1 Pleomele, Song of India (Green) – Plant
2 5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
This is a hardy decorative houseplant, native to Madagascar, Mauritius, and other islands of the Indian Ocean. It is widely grown as an ornamental plant and houseplant, valued for its richly colored, evergreen leaves, and thick, irregular stems.
This is a slow-growing plant that can be used as a table plant, bush, or short tree. A very adaptable plant which can be grown in full sun outdoors, or in lower light levels indoors. A fantastic accent plant in tropical gardens. It is also an excellent air purifier plant according to NASA.
|Dimensions||42 × 12 × 12 cm|