Piper Betel, Maghai Paan – Plants
|Plant Height||12 inch (30 cm)|
|Plant Spread||6 inch (15 cm)|
|Common Name||Naagarvel, Vidyache paan|
|Maximum Reachable Height||150 to 180 cm.|
|Flower Colour||Dark red|
|Bloom Time||Spring and early summer (anytime in tropics)|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Place your plant in a place that receives at least 5 to 6 hours of sunlight daily.
- It thrives well in a hot and humid environment in partial shade.
- The betel plant needs regular watering. Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Prune regularly after it reaches 2 m height to control the plant, regular pruning, and plucking of leaves encourages new growth and sweet and tender leaves.
- Occasional feeding every couple of months in the growing season of the plant with a nitrogen-rich organic fertilizer like manure or compost is recommended.
Piper Betel Care
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
|Temperature||40 degrees Celsius.|
|Harvest Season||Within 4 to 6 months after planting, it will be ready for harvest. You can pick up its fresh aromatic leaves for various uses.|
Piper Betel Special Feature
It widely used as herb plant, ornamental foliage plant and medicinal plant.
Piper Betel Uses
- The plant is used to decorate the balcony, terrace or any outdoor space
About Piper Betel
Piper betel is a Woody climber in Piperaceae family with adventitious roots at swollen nodes.Leaves are simple heart shaped, alternate with spicy taste.Inflorescence is axillary with white uni sexual flower.
|Dimensions||42 × 12 × 12 cm|