Philodendron Ceylon Golden – Plant
|Plant Height||6 inch (15 cm)|
|Plant Spread||4 inch (10 cm)|
|Common Name||Philodendron Golden Emerald, Fiddle-leaf philodendron, Gold Satin, Philodendron Golden Erubescens, Velvet Leaf.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||8 to 10 feet|
|Bloom Time||It rarely flowers indoors.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor or outdoor with bright indirect natural light or bright indirect artifical light.
- Protect the Philodendron plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Philodendron plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the Philodendron plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
About Philodendron Ceylon Golden
Philodendron Ceylon Gold is an evergreen, ornamental, climber houseplant. This unique plant has no back lobes on its leaves. It has paddle-shaped leaves are a bright almost fluorescent green color.
Philodendron is one of the best air-purifying plants that remove airborne toxins such as formaldehyde, benzene, and trichloroethylene from the atmosphere.