Parijat (पारिजात) Parijat Tree, Parijatak, Night Flowering Jasmine – Plant
|Plant Height||19 inch (48 cm)|
|Plant Spread||6 inch (15 cm)|
|Common Name||Parijat, Paarijaata, Night-flowering Jasmine, Coral Jasmine.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 10 meters|
|Bloom Time||August to December.|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- More than 6 hours of sunlight or 3-6 hours of sunlight with natural bright light for rest of the day.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 4 cup (Approx. 200 ml) water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- Before the application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
About Parijat Tree
Parijat belongs to the Oleaceae family. also called as night-flowering jasmine and Coral Jasmine worldwide.flowers have four to eight petals arranged above a vibrant orange tube in a pinwheel pattern. The tree is sometimes called the tree of sorrow because the flowers lose their brightness during daytime.
These flowers blossom between August to December. Beautiful and mysterious plants whose flowers fall on the ground after blooming
|Dimensions||42 × 12 × 12 cm|