MOSUMBI LEMON Mosambi, Sweet Lime (Grafted) – Plant
|Plant Height||36 inch (91 cm)|
|Plant Spread||6 inch (15 cm)|
|Common Name||Indian Sweet Lime, Mausammi, sweet orange, Persian lime, sweet limetta, sweet lime, sweet lemon and Mausammi|
|Maximum Reachable Height||up to 4-5 meters.|
|Bloom Time||late summer-fall|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant outdoor in natural bright light.
- Protect the plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in oragnic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
For re-potting procedure click here<br?></br?>
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Easily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
mosambi belongs to the Rutaceae family. The taste of mosambi is slightly tart to extremely sweet when ripe. The branches are smooth, branch irregularly and bear numerous thorns. It bears fragrant white flowers and the unripe green fruit turns to yellow on ripening.
The fruits ripen only on the tree and once they are picked they do not ripen further. Hence only ripe fruits should be bought.
|Dimensions||42 × 12 × 12 cm|