Expanded Clay Aggregate (Clay Balls) – 1 kg
- Extremely light weightEco friendlyNo chemicals usedIncrease soil porosityDoes not alter soil pHCan prevent root rotReduce watering requirementsPrevent soil evaporation if used for top dressing
How To Use?
- Clay balls are good potting medium and can be used along with soil,best for top dressing
- Just mix in potting mix and it will show its benefits
- Use it as potting medium for growing especially cactus and succulent plants among others
- Clay balls are also used to fill the pot base to increase water drainageClay balls can also be used to fill the base of self watering pots
It is not the source of nutrient but can hold on nutrients, moisture and increase aeration in soil.
Size of the individual clay ball: Approx. 8-15 mm
Expanded clay aggregates are formed by heating natural clay at 1200 degree Celsius temperature. This results in developing honeycombed structure interconnected withing clay ball. The clay balls are generally rounded in shape. These are extremely light weight and strong. Clay balls does not change pH of the soil.