|Plant Height||18 inch (46 cm)|
|Plant Spread||6 inch (15 cm)|
|Common Name||Java plum, Jamun, Malabar plum,|
|Maximum Reachable Height||30 m|
|Bloom Time||March to April|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Apply a high-potassium liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks from early spring until 6 weeks after flowering.
- Keep moist in winter.
Jamun Tree Care
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
|Temperature||13 to 27 degrees C|
Jamun Tree Special Feature
Food (Herb & Spice: In Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and India, the leaves are used fresh as a culinary herb which has a similar, but stronger flavor than Coriander (Coriandrum sativum).The leaves are used to season meat and other foods in Caribbean, Latin American and Asian cuisines.
Jamun Tree Uses
- The fruit and seeds used to cure diabetes, diarrhea, and ringworm
- The bark is astringent, sweet sour, diuretic, digestive and anthelmintic
About Jamun Tree
The Jamun is evergreen, fruit plant in Myrataceae family with oblong opposite leaves that are smooth, glossy and having a terpentine smell. Jamun has fragrant white flowers in branched clusters at stem tips and purplish-black oval edible berries.